When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is usually near the top of many people’s wish lists in Gaithersburg. A tankless water heater is a great option for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for a later time, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which might save you a lot on energy expenses. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use later on, you won’t be paying for standby energy losses like you may have to with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a continual supply of hot water. They are small in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to operate.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water comes through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element will heat it. Then it heads to the tap, where you then have hot water. One note about tankless water heaters—especially for larger households—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be large enough to handle a handful of uses at once. One of our specialists will help you determine what your flow rate is and give you recommendations based on their expertise.
Some people choose to install a separate tankless water heater that’s picked for a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, a lot of homes in the Gaithersburg area do alright with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the perks of getting one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifespan of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifespan of a normal tank heater.
- Most tankless units have a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters almost never run out of hot water.
- You get improved energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient with no standby heat loss and only use the power necessary to heat the amount of water needed at any point.
- Tankless models require much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be put on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be added under cabinets or in a closet, closer to where they’re used.
With tankless water heaters, you get rid of the chance of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call Parker Pearce Service Experts today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater installed in your Gaithersburg home. It’s a great energy-efficient choice for your home. We carry quality tankless hot water heater choices, skill and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs. Give our team a call at 301-476-4577
or request an appointment with us online.