Your sump pump is one of those items you may not remember until you need it—then you cross your fingers it’s working as it should. The good news is that the experts at Parker Pearce Service Experts are here to help whether you need new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your Gaithersburg home.
Sump pumps can fail for a few of different reasons and we’ve possibly experienced it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting weird, give Parker Pearce Service Experts a call to come out and explore your issue.
During our visit, we can leave you with multiple preventive maintenance tips to help certify your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or specifically, quite the contrary) when you need it most. Our experts will observe your sump pump for correct operation and if we see any sign of a potential issue, we’ll alert you immediately and walk through your options.
It is vital to take note there are a few easy things that you can do to ensure you have your sump pump set up for success:
- Identify the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is vertical and not tilting to one side since it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If time has passed since your sump pump has operated, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is clear.
Because your sump pump is really a type of insurance to protect your house and your belongings from what can be upsetting water damage, look to the experts at Parker Pearce Service Experts to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 301-476-4577
or request an appointment online.