According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are caused by sewer backups. The estimated cost due to sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Parker Pearce Service Experts can help by ensuring you have a backflow assembly installed to prevent sewer backups. A lot of homeowners in Gaithersburg don’t realize they are liable for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Parker Pearce Service Experts, our plumbers and technicians have the knowledge, training and proficiency to handle everything and anything regarding sewer service and sewer inspection.
Popular Causes of Sewer Backup
- Clogs in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is causing your sewer to fail or clog, make sure to ring us at 301-476-4577
the moment you identify a problem to avoid as much, potentially costly, harm to your house and plumbing arrangement as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Be sure you are disposing of waste correctly.
- Pouring grease down your drain will result in a obstruction in the line and become a clog.
- Disposing of any paper materials excluding toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) into the toilet can cause a backup.
- Have Parker Pearce Service Experts install and maintain a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Parker Pearce Service Experts to investigate for illegal plumbing connections and fix them if discovered. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will usually clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from damaging your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Parker Pearce Service Experts today at 301-476-4577
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs.