If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.
Signs of a gas leak can include the following:
- The smell of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
- Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances hooked up to the gas line, such as gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
- Dead or yellowed grass, plants or other vegetation
- People in the house having symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you are dealing with any of these signs and are concerned they could be caused by a gas leak, leave your home and call 911 immediately, followed by your utility company.
There are cases where the utility company will take care of a gas leak, but in a lot of instances the homeowner is liable. Fortunately, the professionals at Parker Pearce Service Experts are thoroughly trained to install or repair gas lines and we are committed to getting the job done properly, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work is covered with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*!
GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER TRY AS A DIY PROJECT.
While there are a lot of things to get done around the house that homeowners decide to take on by themselves, gas line repair needs to be left up to the specialists. It is the only way to make sure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all Gaithersburg codes.
From adding gas lines for a new stove or oven to doing repairs on gas lines for a heater in your garage, Parker Pearce Service Experts’s expertise have allowed us to handle a number of gas line projects in the Gaithersburg community, so no job is too big or too small for our experts.
Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety
As noted before, the first thing you need to do if you are worried about a gas leak is leave your home and then call 911 immediately. After emergency responders are on their way, get ahold of your utility company.
Once the emergency responders and utility company have made sure there is no danger, call Parker Pearce Service Experts to schedule a gas line repair, installation or replacement.
Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, need to be taken very seriously. Be sure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 right away if you’re ever nervous about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide does not have an odor and isn’t easily detected. The EPA recommends a few steps to reduce exposure to carbon monoxide:
- Keep gas appliances safely adjusted.
- Invest in and use an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
- Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
- Have a well-versed professional inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and fix any leaks immediately.
For more ideas on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, look at our blog.