Expert Oil Furnace Repair in Gaithersburg
Furnace won’t start? Reset button continuously tripping? If your fuel oil furnace is leaving you annoyed and chilly in Gaithersburg, the Experts at Parker Pearce Service Experts can help.
Sometimes, you can fix troubles with your oil-burning furnace by yourself. There are a couple of things you can take a look at before calling us for heating repair.
Common Oil Heating System Problems
- Furnace won’t start. The thermostat setting may be too low. Check that it’s switched to “auto” and “heat.”
- Reset button keeps tripping. This safety feature stops your furnace when it discovers trouble. Make sure there’s fuel in the oil tank, the valves are open and the chimney is unobstructed. Once you’ve checked those locations, only press the reset button once. Pressing it several times could cause fuel oil to accumulate and start a fire once the furnace begins running.
- Inadequate heat. The oil or air filters could be clogged and need to be cleaned or replaced.
- Excess noise. If you hear clattering, tighten access panels. Squealing means there’s problems with the belt or blower motor. If these components have oiling ports, put a little bit of electric motor oil on them after completely turning off your furnace.
Other times, you’ll need one of our specialist service technicians. Call Parker Pearce Service Experts for oil furnace repair service when:
- Pressing the reset button doesn’t start the furnace, even when there’s fuel in the tank and valves are open
- You hear knocking sounds, which likely means there’s air in the fuel lines
- Oil lines are leaking
- Soot can be found in the burner chamber
- Burner works but does not fire
- Previously mentioned troubleshooting ideas don’t fix the problem
100% Satisfaction Guarantee* Backs Our Repairs
Parker Pearce Service Experts can determine the problem when your oil furnace won’t start.
Our specialists have passed extensive testing to earn the top HVAC standard, NATE certification. They are well-equipped to take care of most any heating repair. And all our repairs are backed by a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.*
Regular maintenance can help prevent furnace service calls. Once we get your furnace operating, Parker Pearce Service Experts technicians can go over a membership plan that could reduce costly repairs and make your furnace heat more efficiently. A more efficient furnace could help you save money on heating costs.