What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s produced by partial fuel combustion often caused by a lack of oxygen. In your home, appliances that rely on natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are at risk. Especially if they are not operating properly or have been installed wrong.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from neighboring garages, as well as poorly operating fireplaces can also produce carbon monoxide. CO is poisonous to the body and is lethal at heightened levels or with prolonged exposure.

chat now widget box