Stopping it from happening is the most essential step. Doing appropriate safety precautions will lower your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Gaithersburg.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Warm up your car out of your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours running in the small space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heaters. These items are safe when used right but can produce carbon monoxide when used for an extended period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, since it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a specialist. This ensures chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected properly.
- Confirm gas appliances are working correctly, including your furnace. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe comfort by requesting regular furnace maintenance with Parker Pearce Service Experts.