Stopping it from happening is the most essential step. Doing correct safety precautions will reduce your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Gaithersburg.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Warm up your car away from your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours running in the restricted space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heaters. These items are safe when used right but can make carbon monoxide when used for an extensive period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, since it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a specialist. This confirms chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected properly.
- Confirm gas appliances are running accurately, including your furnace. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe comfort by requesting regular furnace maintenance with Parker Pearce Service Experts.