When you run the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you're expecting clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if the water seems clear, it might still carry toxic chemicals that pose a threat to your family’s health and safety. Many people dislike the taste of contaminated tap water and grasp the risk of drinking it. That’s why half of all American households keep either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to guarantee they have clean drinking water nearby.
If you want to ensure your family’s well-being, you may first opt for trying the bottled water route. Unfortunately, this gets pricey almost immediately. Additionally, plastic water bottles that aren't recyclable end up contaminating the world’s waterways, causing harm to the environment and hurting marine life.
Setting up a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-efficient and better for the environment than buying bottled water. It may also supply healthier water more easily because you can get it straight from the tap. In addition, whole-house systems provide purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, enabling you to maximize the benefits everywhere you use water at home.
Before setting up a whole-house water filtration system, learn about what’s in your water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out hazardous contaminants. Then, choose Parker Pearce Service Experts to help you find and install the best water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality varies by location, but a few of the most likely contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what could be in your water supply by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG data shows that over 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America at one point tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, revealing that legal water quality levels are not necessarily safe.
Try Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and hazardous chemicals from your tap, providing you and your family with safe, healthy water to enjoy. Here are the perks of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a frequent sign of contaminants in your drinking water. Composed of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is naturally occurring and can become concentrated in the water main following heavy rains. While generally harmless, sediment will make your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax provides sediment filtration to remove solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is the key to clean drinking water in urban settings. Sadly, this disinfectant also adds harmful chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic substances in the water. A few DPBs, including trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax removes these carcinogens to keep your family safe.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Guaranteeing safe tap water is the objective of adding putting in any water filtration system. Besides being safer for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lingering metallic or musty odors. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more cloudy water swirling around your kitchen sink. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water to every tap: Harmful chemicals don’t just threaten you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin as you shower and stick to your clothing and dishes when you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so worthwhile because it ensures clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or water going to waste: Some whole-house filtration systems add to your electric bills. Others increase your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax proves that clean water doesn’t have to bring bigger utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s configuration, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor features both designs to cater to your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the best warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you know your investment will continue providing clean, quality drinking water for a very long time.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Parker Pearce Service Experts, we install different types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, such as the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re trying to decrease water hardness, filter out bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, easy and backed by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Contact your local Parker Pearce Service Experts office for help picking out a water filtration system that suits your needs and budget.