Reasons to Schedule Annual Furnace Maintenance
As the temperature dips and you find yourself reaching for the thermostat more often, you should also reach for your phone to set up annual furnace maintenance. Making sure your furnace operates at peak efficiency this winter enhances your comfort, safety and peace of mind all season long.
Here’s a closer look at what this crucial yearly task entails and why you shouldn’t neglect it.
What Is Done During Routine Furnace Maintenance?
A maintenance call is an easy way to get your heating system in good shape. Although the particular tasks depend on the design and age of your system, you can typically expect your technician to complete the following:
- Examine and clean the burner: In time, dirt and debris can block the burner, affecting its performance. Cleaning it restores ideal heat transfer.
- Test the gas valves: Confirming these valves are totally open and performing properly is crucial for safe furnace operation.
- Look over the heat exchanger: A cracked heat exchanger can cause carbon monoxide leaks, so it’s important to make sure no cracks are present.
- Assess and tighten electrical components: Loose connections can make your HVAC unit dangerous and inefficient. Fortunately, tightening them is a fast and easy process.
- Clean the blower: A grungy blower has an effect on your furnace’s ability to move warm air through your home. Cleaning and balancing the fan makes certain that your home has the best airflow.
- Swap out the air filter: Clean air filters ensure necessary airflow throughout your system, which is why you should always replace a dirt-filled air filter in your furnace. Installing a fresh, new air filter also improves indoor air quality if you install an efficient enough filtration system.
Reasons to Schedule Routine Furnace Maintenance
If your furnace seems to be running fine, is it still helpful to schedule a maintenance visit? Consider these four reasons why the answer is a resounding “yes”:
- Decrease mid-season failures: There are few more disheartening ways to start the day than waking up on a freezing winter morning to learn your furnace has stopped working. Unexpected breakdowns are stressful and can leave you scrambling to find a quick fix. Annual furnace maintenance lowers the risk of unexpected problems because your technician inspects every part of your system, catching minor issues before they grow into costly repairs.
- Reduced repair costs: It’s a simple equation—the sooner you find a problem, the less expensive it is to repair. By investing in reasonably priced, scheduled maintenance visits, you can avoid costly, inconvenient repairs, keeping more money in your pocket.
- Maximize your furnace’s life expectancy: Like a well-maintained car, a furnace that receives regular tune-ups will likely last longer than an unattended heating system. Annual maintenance helps prevent the expense of premature furnace replacement by adding years to your system’s life span.
- Improve energy efficiency: A well-maintained heating system operates more efficiently. When all the elements are clean and in good working order, your system doesn’t have to work as hard to keep your residence comfortable. This lowers your heating bills and diminishes your environmental impact.
- Healthier indoor air quality: Polluted indoor air worsens allergies and respiratory diseases. The air filter in your furnace collects dust, pollen and other airborne particles to reduce these conditions. During a maintenance tune-up, the technician will change the air filter at your request, ensuring cleaner air flows through your home.
- Increases safety: A malfunctioning furnace is not only inefficient, it’s also potentially dangerous. Cracked heat exchangers or defective gas valves can produce dangerous carbon monoxide leaks. Knowing your system has been inspected for any possible safety issues should give you a secure feeling this winter.
When Should You Plan Your Maintenance Visit?
To reap the most benefits, it’s best to arrange annual furnace maintenance in the fall before winter’s chill gets to your area. This gives you time to make sure any issues are addressed before you begin relying heavily on your heating system.
Do-It-Yourself Furnace Maintenance Between Tune-Ups
Although professional maintenance is important, you can do several tasks yourself to keep your furnace running smoothly between visits:
- Change the air filter every 30 to 90 days to maximize airflow.
- Make sure all of your return and supply registers are open and unobstructed for system balance.
- Vacuum the outside of the furnace with the brush attachment to keep it clean.
Choose Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing for Furnace Maintenance in the U.S.
If it’s time for your next furnace maintenance appointment, Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing is a name you can rely on. Our ACE-certified technicians provide fast, long-lasting fixes for all your furnace and air conditioning dilemmas. We’re proud to deliver solutions to our customers and focus on making a significant difference in your lifestyle and sense of comfort. We even offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee for your peace of mind. To get the most out of your heating system, call 866-397-3787 today to schedule furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing.
How to Find an Effective HVAC System
When considering keeping your home comfortable year-round, nothing is more critical than choosing the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This determination impacts your daily comfort, monthly utility bills and general home efficiency. Then again, with so many system... Continue reading
Yearly HVAC Maintenance Guidelines
As soon as the air turns chilly, you know it’s time to prepare your home for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is crucial to maintaining a cozy, warm atmosphere. A well-maintained furnace delivers the comfort you crave while using a reduced amount of energy. Scheduled inspections also... Continue reading
2024 Furnace and Air Conditioning Trends
In the continuously changing world of home HVAC, keeping up with the latest HVAC trends is crucial for homeowners seeking to enhance their home’s comfort and efficiency. Looking into 2024, the HVAC industry continues to innovate, bringing cutting-edge technologies and trends that promise to... Continue reading