Air conditioners don’t last indefinitely, despite the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Gaithersburg, you might be considering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are a few factors to consider, as well as the pluses of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer before making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we advise replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can usually hold on it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you buying? Lots of homeowners are replacing their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This conserves energy and enhances comfort by operating at several speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to realize the full comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the correct amount of air to keep your house comfortable. A new air conditioner might call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Parker Pearce Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and make the correct recommendation.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your pocketbook if you install both systems together.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are correctly sized, there aren’t often any major short-term outcomes. A mismatched setup is frequently not permanent until the other system stops working. You can skip the short-term fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll get these advantages:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything works at the highest efficiency, making your residence cozier and decreasing your annual heating and cooling bills.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you get a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may malfunction for good. In the meantime, you’ll pay for repairs that could have covered a new furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can save on labor by having both put in at the same time. And you could even be eligible for an exclusive deal since you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, get in touch with Parker Pearce Service Experts. We know the expense of replacing your entire system might stress you out, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special offers or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and just one low monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are taken care of!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done right the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 301-476-4577 to get an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.