Summer is usually a crazy time of year for many people in Gaithersburg. Whether it’s a family reunion, an extended vacation or any number of other exciting activities, summer not only brings about busy schedules, but that dreaded Gaithersburg heat as well.
We know you’ve already taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs long before summer came, so what else can you do to maintain your cool during those days where you can’t go to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a few pointers:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Gaithersburg heat is a must. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you never have to worry about it breaking down in the heat of the summer. Give Parker Pearce Service Experts a call at 301-476-4577 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is running at its peak in the Gaithersburg heat.
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this difficult, but if you are able to take a couple-minute break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't think thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin having muscle cramps, take a break as it may also be an early warning of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take special measures when organizing outdoor activities. Any kind of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the Gaithersburg temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best bet.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than normal. It can help you cool down a little sooner so you can get back to enjoying your home’s air conditioning.