Summer is typically a busy time of year for many families in Gaithersburg. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any variety of other exciting activities, summer not only brings about full schedules, but that dreaded Gaithersburg heat as well.
We know you’ve already handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs long before summer came, so what else can you do to maintain your cool during those days where you can’t go to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a couple suggestions:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Gaithersburg heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you don’t have to worry about it breaking down in the heat of the summer. Give Parker Pearce Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 301-476-4577 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is running at its peak in the Gaithersburg heat.
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this hard, but if you are able to take a couple-minute break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't think thirsty, as thirst can be an early indicator of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a breather as it could also be an early warning of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when organizing outdoor activities. Any kind of workout or athletic practices should be held earlier or later in the day when the Gaithersburg temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than usual. It can help you cool down a tad faster so you can get back to enjoying your home’s air conditioning.