Building a new home? Upgrading your existing equipment? No matter why you’re in the market for an air conditioner, you could shortly learn you have more options than you originally thought. Follow this information to help you compare four different solutions so you can find the right air conditioner in Gaithersburg.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what most people bring to mind when they envision air conditioning for the whole home. Central air conditioning sends air to every room with a system of ducts and registers.
This may be great for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- You presently have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re looking for nearly silent, convenient air conditioning.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In warm weather, heat pumps work just like central air conditioners. Some models can also deliver heat in the winter.
This might be ideal for you if:
- Your home has ductwork.
- You live in an area with warmer weather during the winter.
- You want one piece of equipment for year-round heating and cooling, in lieu of a standard furnace and air conditioner.
- Your house doesn’t have (or you don’t want) natural or propane gas.
- You’re looking for nearly silent, energy-efficient operation.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground below your feet stays at a stable 55 degrees during the year. A geothermal heat pump takes advantage of this constant source of energy with underground loops for fantastic heating and cooling efficiency.
This can be good for you if:
- Your house utilizes ductwork.
- You’re looking for one piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have adequate land around your residence for the underground loops.
This is another type of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit connects to an interior blower unit fixed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t need any ductwork and keeps your windows shut.
This may be ideal for you if:
- Your house, or a new expansion to it, doesn’t include ductwork.
- You’re looking for an energy-efficient method for heating and cooling single areas.
- You’re seeking to install zoning in your home.
Not sure which kind of air conditioner you should get? Turn to the Experts at Parker Pearce Service Experts for all things air conditioning! We can educate you on your options and help you select the ideal one for your home. Please contact us at 301-476-4577 to get an air conditioning replacement estimate now.