How Do You Check for Carbon Monoxide?

There are a multitude of fumes that could be inside your Gaithersburg house. Natural gas and fumes that originate from household furnishings, flooring and paints. Not one of these gases are as dangerous as carbon monoxide.

Call Parker Pearce Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 301-476-4577 right away to begin protecting your family against this dangerous gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Deadly?

Carbon monoxide might be an emergency, so it’s not a matter to take lightly.

1. You Can’t Taste It

Carbon monoxide is dangerous because you aren’t able to see it, detect it with your nose or recognize it with your taste buds. It doesn’t cause irritation in low amounts and can’t be filtered.

2. It Can Be Lethal Within Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a byproduct of burnt fuel. It can get into your residence during the winter if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace cracks. While it depends on how big the leak is and the circulation in a residence, carbon monoxide could become fatal in only a few minutes.

Once inhaled, the gas has a half-life of approximately five hours. If you are taking in clean air, you will need five hours to remove it from your body. It requires another five hours to cut that concentration by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Can Resemble Other Illnesses

Carbon monoxide could also cause conditions that can be mistaken as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things.

How to Guard Your Home from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no reason to gamble with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are three ways you can take to keep your house safe:

  1. Every home with at least one gas appliance, adjoined garage or fireplace needs to have a carbon monoxide system. You need to have an alarm on each level of your house, including the basement and garage. You also should have one installed inside or outside of each bedroom. Don’t have a carbon monoxide alarm in your residence?
    Call Parker Pearce Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 301-476-4577 to get one. Ask our pros about our reasonable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide alarms.
  2. If you currently own a carbon monoxide system, regularly test or put in new batteries. You should check batteries every three months, and get a new alarm every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide alarm alerts you to danger, exit your house immediately and phone 911.

Protect Your Loved Ones with Assistance from Parker Pearce Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary, and with the recommended actions your home can be guarded from the dangerous gas. Take the precautions and call Parker Pearce Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 301-476-4577 to learn more.