It’s frosty outside. Much of the country is layering up for some below freezing weather. And while the Experts are always prepared to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing tips to help you avoid those cold weather emergencies.
- Disconnect those exterior water fixtures.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drop in indoor sinks by outer walls can prevent pipes from freezing.
- Open up kitchen and bathroom cabinets under sinks to keep warm air moving around pipes.
- Keep an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those space heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you have vents shut in unused rooms, make sure you open them up.
- If your furnace is not functional, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give each of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick check.
Follow these easy tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then heat yourself some hot cocoa. And, as always, Parker Pearce Service Experts is here for you. If you have questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.