Scheduling annual AC maintenance is helpful.
Tune-ups keep your AC system in Gaithersburg running at its top performance while keeping energy consumption low. It also may even help extend its life cycle.
While there are several things you can finish by yourself, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Parker Pearce Service Experts, for AC inspections and maintenance.
Here are a few steps you can complete alone as you prepare for cooling season.
Get Your AC Maintenance Set
Spring is a period of rejuvenation, and to many that entails a big amount of indoors, garage and yard freshening. With the toastier temps approaching, it’s also a fantastic idea to put AC checkups on that list.
Spring is a great time of year to get your AC equipment freshened and checked out. Waiting to switch it on until the first sweltering day of the year can be risky. If you need a fix or a new unit, you might be waiting awhile for a tech. And that could become awfully unbearable.
And for those with allergies, being one step ahead with a freshened AC system will help ensure the best indoor air quality during pollen season.
Also, air conditioner upkeep may be required for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any applicable extended warranty.
Can I Complete Maintenance on My Own?
There are procedures that you can complete to help keep your cooling system in the ultimate state:
- Replace your air filter advises each month or two. This is especially necessary if you deal with allergies or have pets in your house.
- Lawn work near the outdoor condenser. Make sure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes close to your air conditioning equipment. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of clear space. You should also remove any leaves or branches that have collected inside your equipment, as this can block airflow.
Let the Experts Manage the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you ring Parker Pearce Service Experts at 301-476-4577, the initial thing we might do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already finished. Then our Experts start the nuts and bolts. We’ll check your system and make sure it’s working properly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to deliver reliable comfort.
- Lubrication to keep moving components working smoothly and potentially avoid problems.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to clear leak-creating mold and obstructions.
- Aligning coil fins to avoid limited airflow.
- Cleansing the outdoor coil to get rid of any accumulation from dust and vegetation.
- Inspecting controls to make sure your equipment is starting, cooling and shutting off like it should.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to confirm your equipment has the right refrigeration charge.
If we uncover problems that require further service, we are prepared to provide you the most economical solution. Locating likely problems in a timely manner could solve larger troubles in the future. This also provides you time to plan if your system is getting older.
When you need a modern air conditioner to help make your new system work for your budget. Whatever your cooling needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Ready to schedule your service? Contact us at 301-476-4577 or schedule an appointment online right away.