Scheduling annual AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Tune-ups keep your AC system in Gaithersburg operating at its best performance while keeping energy needs low. It also could even help extend its life cycle.
While there are a couple jobs you can complete alone, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Parker Pearce Service Experts, for AC inspections and service.
Here are a few steps you can complete by yourself as you prepare for cooling season.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Set
Spring is a season of revival, and to many that involves a big portion of indoors, garage and yard sprucing. With the toastier temps approaching, it’s also a fantastic idea to put AC service on that list.
Spring is the best time of year to get your AC equipment freshened and checked out. Waiting to switch it on until the first sweltering day of the year can be risky. If you need a fix or installation, you may be waiting awhile for a tech. And that could turn awfully unpleasant.
And for people with allergies, being well prepared with a fresh AC system will help ensure the best indoor air quality during pollen season.
Also, air conditioner service may be required for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Complete Service Alone?
There are procedures that you can take to help keep your cooling system in the prime state:
- Replace your air filter. Clogged filters restrict airflow and might lower your system’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the model you have, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is especially crucial if you suffer from allergies or have a dog in your residence.
- Lawn work near the outdoor condenser. Make sure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes close to your cooling system. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of clear space. You should also remove any leaves or branches that have collected inside your equipment, as this might block airflow.
Let the Experts Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you get in touch with Parker Pearce Service Experts at 301-476-4577, the primary thing we might do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already completed. Then our pros start the nuts and bolts. We’ll examine your system and make sure it’s working properly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to provide reliable comfort.
- Lubrication to keep moving components working smoothly and potentially avoid problems.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to remove leak-creating mold and obstructions.
- Fixing coil fins to avoid reduced airflow.
- Freshening the outdoor coil to get rid of any blockage from dust and vegetation.
- Checking controls to make sure your unit is starting, operating and turning off like it should.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to confirm your unit has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we find troubles that require further work, we are prepared to provide you the most cost-effective solution. Locating possible problems promptly could solve larger issues in the future. This also provides you time to plan if your system is aging.
When you need an updated air conditioner, our Experts will assist you to locate the ideal unit for your family. We also offer financing to help make your new system work for your budget. Whatever your cooling needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Ready to schedule your service? Contact us at 301-476-4577 or schedule an appointment online now.