Spring is nice for many reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can open up windows for crisp air and your energy bill is commonly at its most economical. That’s because you’re not relying on your heater or air conditioner.
But as temperatures begin to climb, so do your energy charges. Here are some tips for saving energy in Gaithersburg and keeping costs lower.
1. Call for Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system a yearly maintenance visit can help it operate more efficiently and trim costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep energy bills down.
If your cooling equipment has had better days, spring is a great time to upgrade it. The energy-saving features in modern cooling systems is a big plus in keeping your energy expenses down.
2. Lower Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on HVAC charges. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Figuring out how to efficiently schedule your thermostat is the smartest way to lower energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think of it this way, the less significant the difference between outdoor temperatures and inside temperatures, the smaller your cooling bill will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or switch it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty home.
3. Try Other Approaches to Cool Your House
You can do a couple other methods to help keep your house cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise during the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This disperses cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it comes through windows. Keep your home cooler by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny spaces.
4. Consider Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and abruptly realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the full day!
Smart thermostats learn your habits and move the temp when you’re out and about to help you save money. You can also adjust the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These professional ideas will all help keep summer energy bills economical. If you conclude it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you choose the right solution for your space. And like always, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.