Spring is enjoyable for more than a few reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can open up windows for crisp air and your utility bill is commonly at its most economical. That’s because you’re not using your heater or air.
But as temperatures begin to climb, so do your energy costs. Here are a few suggestions for saving energy in Gaithersburg and keeping bills lower.
1. Call for Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system an annual tune-up can help it operate more efficiently and trim costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep utility bills down.
If your HVAC equipment has had better days, spring is a great time to upgrade it. The energy-saving features in modern cooling systems is a big benefit for keeping your energy expenses down.
2. Lower Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on HVAC charges. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Focusing on how to efficiently schedule your thermostat is the smartest way to reduce energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think of it this way, the less significant the difference between outside temperatures and inside temperatures, the cheaper your cooling bill will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or switch it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty home.
3. Take Advantage of Other Methods to Cool Your Home
You can do a few other approaches to help keep your residence comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise during the summer, which forces cool air upward. This disperses cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it comes through windows. Keep your home more comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny spaces.
4. Think About Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and abruptly realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the full day!
Smart thermostats learn your habits and move the temp when you’re out to help you save on your bills. You can also adjust the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These professional ideas will all help keep summer energy bills economical. If you think it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, call us at 301-476-4577 or contact us online. We’ll help you figure out the best solution for your space. And like always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.