4 Tips for Saving Energy in Gaithersburg This Summer
Spring is beautiful for a couple reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can open windows for fresh air and your energy bill is commonly at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not utilizing your heater or air conditioner.
But as mercury begins to increase, so do your energy bills. Here are a couple of tips for saving energy in the U.S. and keeping bills down.
1. Book Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system an annual maintenance visit can help it work more efficiently and scale down costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep power bills less expensive.
If your HVAC equipment has had better days, spring is an excellent time to update it. The energy-saving options in modern air conditioning systems is an obvious benefit for keeping your utility bill down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on home comfort bills. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Focusing on how to efficiently schedule your thermostat is the smartest way to lower energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Think of it this way, the smaller the difference between outside temperatures and indoor temperatures, the smaller your air conditioning bill will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or shut it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty home.
3. Take Advantage of Other Approaches to Cool Your Space
You can try a few other methods to help keep your home comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise during the summer, which drives cool air upward. This moves cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it moves through windows. Keep your residence more comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny areas.
4. Think About Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and abruptly realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats figure out your routine and adjust the temp when you’re gone to help you save money. You can also adjust the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These expert tips will all help keep summer energy charges low. If you decide it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you select the best solution for your space. And like always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
How to Find an Effective HVAC System
When considering keeping your home comfortable year-round, nothing is more critical than choosing the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This determination impacts your daily comfort, monthly utility bills and general home efficiency. Then again, with so many system... Continue reading
Yearly HVAC Maintenance Guidelines
As soon as the air turns chilly, you know it’s time to prepare your home for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is crucial to maintaining a cozy, warm atmosphere. A well-maintained furnace delivers the comfort you crave while using a reduced amount of energy. Scheduled inspections also... Continue reading
2024 Furnace and Air Conditioning Trends
In the continuously changing world of home HVAC, keeping up with the latest HVAC trends is crucial for homeowners seeking to enhance their home’s comfort and efficiency. Looking into 2024, the HVAC industry continues to innovate, bringing cutting-edge technologies and trends that promise to... Continue reading