Carbon Monoxide

Carbon Monoxide: Take the Proper Steps to Detect

There are many potential gases that could exist in your home. Natural gas, radon, and gases and vapors that come from household furnishings, carpeting, flooring and paints. But none of these gases are as harmful as carbon monoxide.

Carbon monoxide is scary and may even be a matter of life and death, so it needs to be taken very seriously. This toxic gas is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and initially non-irritating. A by-product of burnt fuel, carbon monoxide can filtrate its way into your home when the heat exchanger on a gas furnace cracks, allowing carbon monoxide to leak. Depending on how large the crack is and the circulation in a home, carbon monoxide can quickly be fatal, or it could cause symptoms that have been misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections, and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things.

There is no reason to risk carbon monoxide poisoning. Here’s what you can do:

  1. If you don’t have a carbon monoxide detector in your home, call Parker Pearce Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning in Gaithersburg to purchase one. Ask us about affordable WiFi carbon monoxide detectors like the Nest Protect.
  2. If you have a carbon monoxide detector, don’t forget to check the batteries on a regular basis. Testing should be done every few months, and the detector should be replaced every 3 to 5 years.
  3. If you hear the carbon monoxide detector alarm go off, or experience flu-like or other symptoms described above, ask your doctor to test for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary and with the proper steps your family can be protected from the hazardous gas. Take the necessary steps and call Parker Pearce Service Experts in Gaithersburg at 301-476-4577 to learn more.

Parker Pearce Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
7901 Beechcraft Ave.
Gaithersburg, Maryland 20879

Phone: 301-476-4577
Email: parkerpearce@serviceexperts.com
MD46599, VA2705061079, PC1000897